Tool to create wrappers around executables from environments

Guilherme Melo

May 20, 2016, 1:25:27 PM5/20/16
to conda - Public

Hi all,

I’d like to announce a tool I created to help me using conda envs (and other tools) in a non interactive way:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/exec-wrappers

The PyPI page has more detailed info, but the main motivation was to easily use conda environments from IDE’s.

You can install it using pip install exec-wrappers and use the provided command to create wrappers or if you prefer the easy way, I created a conda-wrappers package that automatically creates the wrappers when installed:

conda create -n test python
source activate test
conda install -c gqmelo conda-wrappers

This will create shell script wrappers in ~/miniconda/envs/test/bin/wrappers/conda
So you can, for example, set ~/miniconda/envs/test/bin/wrappers/conda//python as your IDE’s interpreter and it will behave exactly as if you did source activate test and then executed python.

Hope someone find this useful too.

Regards,

Guilherme