Package blocking conda install

Kyle Baker

Jan 12, 2017, 4:33:39 PM1/12/17
to conda - Public
Whenever I try to install any package using 'conda install' it gives me the same error message every time.

Fetching package metadata ........CondaHTTPError: HTTP Error: Could not find URL: https://github.com/tqdm/tqdm.git@master/linux-64/
For some reason the tqdm package is hung up and blocking all my other packages from being installed. When I try to uninstall it it says, ".PackageNotFoundError: Package not found: ' ' no packages found to remove from environment: /home/user/anaconda3" even though it does appear there when I type 'conda list'. I can't figure out how to resolve this. Any suggestions?

Eric Dill

Jan 12, 2017, 4:56:32 PM1/12/17
to Kyle Baker, conda - Public
Can you paste the contents of your condarc file? Looks like you have an extra channel in there.

Kyle Baker

Jan 12, 2017, 5:15:07 PM1/12/17
to conda - Public, bake...@gmail.com
I can't find the condarc file but doing 'conda config --show' yields the following results:

add_anaconda_token: True
add_pip_as_python_dependency: True
allow_softlinks: True
always_copy: False
always_yes: False
auto_update_conda: True
binstar_upload: None
changeps1: True
channel_priority: True
channels:
  - defaults
client_cert:
client_cert_key:
create_default_packages: []
debug: False
default_channels:
disallow: []
json: False
offline: False
proxy_servers: {}
quiet: False
shortcuts: True
show_channel_urls: None
ssl_verify: True
track_features: []
update_dependencies: True
use_pip: True
verbosity: 0

Kale Franz

Jan 12, 2017, 5:16:43 PM1/12/17
to Kyle Baker, conda - Public
`conda info` should give you the location of your .condarc file if one exists.  You can also use `conda config --show-sources`.

--
Kale J. Franz, PhD
Conda Tech Lead

221 W 6th St | Suite 1550 | Austin, TX 78701

Kale Franz

Jan 12, 2017, 5:17:40 PM1/12/17
to Kyle Baker, conda - Public
`conda config --show-sources` will show you exactly where 'https://github.com/tqdm/tqdm.git@master#egg=tqdm' is being set as a channel.  This isn't a valid channel.  You need to remove that line.

Kyle Baker

Jan 12, 2017, 5:32:52 PM1/12/17
to conda - Public, bake...@gmail.com
Awesome, thanks! The condarc file was hidden.