Testing a package in a clean environment

Dave Hirschfeld

Oct 1, 2015, 12:34:42 AM10/1/15
to conda - Public
A package TEST_PACKAGE can be installed into a clean environment easily enough with

`conda create -n tmp_test_env TEST_PACKAGE`

but AFAICT that doesn't install the test dependencies which are specified in the `test/requires` section of the meta.yaml.

Is there any way to install a package and its test dependencies such that you can then run the tests in the clean env?

Thanks,
Dave

Ilan Schnell

Oct 1, 2015, 12:42:21 AM10/1/15
to Dave Hirschfeld, conda - Public
Only using the conda recipe in combination with conda-build.  Once the package is created, only the runtime dependencies are listed in the package metadata.

- Ilan

Dave Hirschfeld

Oct 1, 2015, 2:00:12 AM10/1/15
to conda - Public, nov...@gmail.com
That would be a very useful feature for us as our tests are run independent of the conda build.

I think it would be generally useful to decouple testing from the build so I've opened a feature request issue for it

Thanks,
Dave