[help] for script to load conda 4.4 using environment modules

Victor Escorcia

Mar 3, 2018, 11:55:58 AM3/3/18
to conda - Public
Hi,

does anyone have an example script to load conda 4.4 in environment modules?

  • Before, it was easy to write given that conda only needed to be visible from the PATH.
  • Since conda 4.4, we must source a bash script which goes again the philosophy of environment-module.
  • I did it by hard-coding that in my activation script but it's hard to maintain.
  1. Does anyone know an alternative?
  2. Does anyone know how often this file change?
    I am considering to generate a script for environment-modules from that file with env2. However, this could be a hassle if the file change frequently.
Thanks for this amazing tool.
tags: unix, help, environment-modules, modules

Victor

Matthew Rich

Dec 21, 2018, 12:28:22 PM12/21/18
to conda - Public
Hello,

We are currently facing the issue of supporting multiple anaconda modules on our HPC cluster that all have conda version 4.3.x, and need to upgrade conda in order to install new packages. However, as you point out, the recommended way of introducing the `conda` executable into the user's environment is no longer really compatible with the environment modules system as of conda 4.4. Did you find a solution to this problem? If we continue to use the "old" way of just adding `conda` to the `$PATH`, will `source activate /path/to/environment` continue to work?

Thanks,
Matthew

Michael Sarahan

Dec 21, 2018, 12:36:31 PM12/21/18
to Matthew Rich, conda - Public
yes, source activate will continue to work for the foreseeable future.