Pass flags to pip to install a project from a commit version

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Victor Escorcia

未读,
2016年11月30日 07:54:432016/11/30
收件人 conda - Public
Hi,

I want to install a package from a commit version in a reproducible way. It is possible that YAML-file explicitly mentions (and reproduce) the appropriate behavior.
I describe two hacks around below (based on SO answer) but I want to know if this is the best reproducible YAML that I can distribute?

Hack using conda

This will create a folder called "src" inside your project that you can't delete.

name: daps-eccv16
dependencies:
- h5py=2.6.0=np111py27_2
- hdf5=1.8.17=1
- libgfortran=3.0.0=1
- mkl=11.3.3=0
- nose=1.3.7=py27_1
- numpy=1.11.2=py27_0
- openssl=1.0.2j=0
- pandas=0.19.1=np111py27_0
- pip=9.0.1=py27_0
- psutil=5.0.0=py27_0
- python=2.7.12=1
- python-dateutil=2.6.0=py27_0
- pytz=2016.7=py27_0
- readline=6.2=2
- scipy=0.18.1=np111py27_0
- setuptools=27.2.0=py27_0
- six=1.10.0=py27_0
- sqlite=3.13.0=0
- tk=8.5.18=0
- wheel=0.29.0=py27_0
- zlib=1.2.8=3
- pip:

Hack using shell
  1. Remove the package that you install with PIP from your YAML file.
  2. Create bash script that:
    1. Create the environment from the YAML file
    2. Activate the environment
    3. Install the package that you want using pip
Thanks in advance!

Victor

Michael Sarahan

未读,
2016年11月30日 10:55:372016/11/30
收件人 Victor Escorcia、conda - Public
This is an excellent use case for creating a conda package for your special versions, and keeping them on an anaconda.org channel.

There is already a good recipe for theano that should get you started:

For lasagne, you might be able to use conda-skeleton:

conda skeleton pypi lasagne

For both of these recipes, you will then use conda-build to build the packages.  Conda-build can also upload them for you to Anaconda.org.

I hope this helps you get started.  Sorry I don't have time to write more detailed instructions.

Victor Escorcia

未读,
2016年12月5日 07:00:422016/12/5
收件人 conda - Public、esco...@gmail.com
Thank you Michael. This is a more principled solution ;)
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子