Updating to Anaconda 4.1.0 uniformative conflict

Joshua Adelman

Jun 29, 2016, 9:16:17 AM6/29/16
to conda - Public
I am attempting to update my root environment to Anaconda 4.1.0 from Anacona 4.0.0. When running the usual: `conda update anaconda` or `conda install anaconda`, conda didn't attempt to download the newer version since there were conflicts. I went through and removed the conflicting packages after attempting to install when specifying an exact version of anaconda:

conda uninstall anaconda
conda uninstall spyder-app
etc...

and then finally I hit the following:

$ conda install anaconda=4.1.0
Fetching package metadata .......
Solving package specifications: ....

The following specifications were found to be in conflict:

- anaconda 4.1.0*
Use "conda info <package>" to see the dependencies for each package.

This conflict info doesn't make sense to me since it is insufficient to actually see what the remaining issue is.

I realize that working in the root env has issues, but I hate having to delete and reinstall my entire anaconda/miniconda when something like this happens. Is there a work around?

I've raised the issue before, but it seems like there really should be some way to reset the root env of a conda install back to some minimal set of packages for situations exactly like this. See previous discussions:

Thanks,
Josh