Trying to install mikaem/h5py-parallel by following the directions fails

David Ketcheson

Dec 28, 2016, 1:58:46 AM12/28/16
to conda - Public
I'm trying to install a parallel-enabled version of h5py.  When I type

anaconda show mikaem/h5py-parallel

the output includes this:

To install this package with conda run:
     conda install --channel https://conda.anaconda.org/mikaem h5py-parallel

But when I follow that instruction and type

conda install --channel https://conda.anaconda.org/mikaem h5py-parallel

I get

Fetching package metadata .........
Solving package specifications: .

PackageNotFoundError: Package not found: '' Package missing in current osx-64 channels:
  - h5py-parallel

Close matches found; did you mean one of these?

    h5py-parallel: ipyparallel

You can search for packages on anaconda.org with

    anaconda search -t conda h5py-parallel

I get the same thing on OS X and Linux (see a Travis build with this error here: https://travis-ci.org/clawpack/pyclaw/jobs/187142088).  At https://anaconda.org/mikaem/h5py-parallel, both linux and OS X are listed among the applicable OS's.

What am I doing wrong?