Anaconda conda-forge channel & AWS URLs

1 view

Sandor

Mar 23, 2017, 10:34:57 AM3/23/17
to conda - Public
Hello,

Anaconda channel conda-forge uses AWS for its packages.

For example behind this link:
https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/six/1.10.0/download/win-64/six-1.10.0-py35_1.tar.bz2

you can find a such one:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/binstar-cio-packages-prod/xyz (path-style URL)

AWS provides a second kind of URLs, too:
https://binstar-cio-packages-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/xyz (virtual-hosted–style URL)

Recently the links pointing to AWS, behind the anaconda.org links, have been switched from virtual-hosted–style to path-style URLs.

I work behind a proxy, which can only white-list virtual-hosted–style URLs.
With white-listing we do not have to define our proxy access in the .condarc file.

Would it be possible to return to the virtual-hosted–style URLs?

Thanks and Regards,
Sándor

conda info

               platform : win-64
          conda version : 4.3.13
       conda is private : False
      conda-env version : 4.3.13
    conda-build version : 2.0.2
         python version : 3.5.2.final.0
       requests version : 2.13.0

Sandor

May 2, 2017, 4:25:13 AM5/2/17
to conda - Public
Hello,

FYI: Anaconda channel conda-forge uses again virtual-host-style URLs with AWS

Regards,
Sándor