Opening .py files by default on the Spyder editor (Mac)

Marcos Carreira

Jun 16, 2016, 12:12:18 PM6/16/16
to Anaconda - Public
Setup: OSX 10.11.5, Anaconda Navigator 1.1.1 Spyder 2.3.9
Question 1: Anaconda was not installed in the Applications folder; are that any (bad) consequences? Should I reinstall it?
Question 2: Can I open Spyder directly without the Navigator?
Question 3: Can I define Spyder as the default program for .py files?
Thanks
Marcos

Carlos Córdoba

Jun 26, 2016, 1:24:09 PM6/26/16
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi,

My answers:

1. Anaconda is not a Mac application, so it doesn't appear on Applications.
2. Yes, please open Terminal.app and type "spyder", then Enter.
3. No, not at the moment.

Cheers,
Carlos

El 16/06/16 a las 11:12, Marcos Carreira escribió:
--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Marcos Carreira

Jun 26, 2016, 1:29:25 PM6/26/16
to Anaconda - Public