Installation fenics project on anaconda

Martina Cotti

Oct 21, 2017, 7:17:29 AM10/21/17
to Anaconda - Public
Hello guys,

I need to use the fenics project environment on anaconda/spyder. I have followed the instructions on this page https://fenicsproject.org/download/ and wrote the following code in the terminal:

2
conda create -n fenicsproject -c conda-forge fenics
source activate fenicsproject

This downloads a list of packages.

Then, instead of opening spyder from the root, I install and launch it from fenicsproject, always the anaconda navigator.
At this point, when I try running the code ft01.poissson.py that you can find on this page  https://fenicsproject.org/tutorial/

I get always this error on the console:

Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Abort trap: 6

(Abort trap:6 actually appears only from the terminal, when I start the fenics environment there)

Can anyone help me with it?

Thank you!

Martina Cotti

Oct 28, 2017, 4:43:32 AM10/28/17
to anac...@continuum.io
Really, no one?
I mean i don't think that the problem is not with fenics, or whatever environment, but with the way i am installing it...
How can i understand if a new environment in well installed? Do i have to change path in the preferences or in the path manager?

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Michael Sarahan

Oct 28, 2017, 5:14:41 AM10/28/17
to Anaconda - Public
That looks like a pretty hairy Spyder issue. I recommend filing an issue on their GitHub tracker: