Offline package installation

jose.cama...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2014, 12:33:46 PM1/9/14
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi,

I need to install packages to Anaconda in an offline environment, i.e., without Internet connection. Is there any way to install a package that was pre-downloaded? For example, if I want to install Accelerate, can I download it in another machine, copy to the target environment and use "conda install" to install it?

One option that I thought of was installing the conda environment in one machine and then copying it to the target machine. However, grepping the ~/.anaconda directory for my $HOME path I found several static references in different files.

Thank you,

José

Travis Oliphant

Jan 9, 2014, 12:57:04 PM1/9/14
to jose.cama...@gmail.com, anac...@continuum.io
You can directly install a conda package if you have it available:

conda install <package-file-name>.tar.bz2

You can also install a tar-file directly (.tar) that itself contains many conda packages (at any path location).   You can make it easily using tar and then install it directly as well (no internet connection needed).

-Travis

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Travis Oliphant
CEO
Continuum Analytics, Inc.

José Guilherme Camargo de Souza

Jan 10, 2014, 6:22:42 AM1/10/14
to Travis Oliphant, anac...@continuum.io
It worked perfectly, thanks! I found previously downloaded packages in
the pkgs directory and just copied them to the target machine and
installed with conda install.

Cheers,

José Guilherme

atmabh...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2016, 11:04:12 AM11/30/16
to Anaconda - Public, jose.cama...@gmail.com
Travis,
It would be of great help if you can write a short blog or wiki about this procedure. Another question is, how to do this if I want to share my package that has a lot of dependencies to users on different platforms? I can build my package as noarch, but, how do I download noarch package into my anaconda3\pkgs folder?
Some recommend workflows for these use cases will be helpful

thanks
Atma

flyd...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 9:44:49 PM11/27/17
to Anaconda - Public, jose.cama...@gmail.com
Hi Travis,

Does this tar feature still work on the latest version? I have a tar file that contains conda .tar.bz2 packages, but when I do

    conda install -n foo ./myfile.tar

I only get:

   PackageNotFoundError: Packages missing in current channels:
       - ./myfile.tar

I am able to install all packages successfully if I manually untar and do a conda install -n foo *.tar.bz2

Thanks!

ebur...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2018, 9:26:10 AM1/31/18
to Anaconda - Public, jose.cama...@gmail.com, flyd...@gmail.com
I get the same error

prata...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2018, 9:57:16 AM8/27/18
to Anaconda - Public, jose.cama...@gmail.com
Hi,

I tried installing pyautogui from conda forge package using "conda install pyautogui-0.9.38-py36_0.tar.bz2"

But it did not work. Attached is the error.

can you please provide steps to install pyautogui directly without using pip or conda.

Thank you

Pratap
Capture.JPG

Ray Donnelly

Aug 27, 2018, 10:16:00 AM8/27/18
to Anaconda - Public, jose.cama...@gmail.com
You are not supposed to run conda commands through the Python interpreter. Use the Anaconda Prompt.

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda

---

Pete Jemian

Aug 27, 2018, 10:45:52 AM8/27/18
to anac...@continuum.io
Of course it did not work. The OP was asking about installation in an
offline environment. When you say you are installing from conda-forge,
then this answer is not relevant since conda-forge is online.

Wasn't that instruction for a file available on the local file system.
The example (I assumed) was equivalent to:

conda install /path/to/local/file/<package-file-name>.tar.bz2

To install from conda-forge, you should use something like:

conda install -c conda-forge <package-file-name>

HTH, Pete
> it, send an email to anaconda+u...@continuum.io <javascript:>.
> <javascript:>.
> <http://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/group/anaconda/>.
>

> --
>
> Travis Oliphant
> CEO
> Continuum Analytics, Inc.
> http://www.continuum.io
>
> --
> Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
> ---

Pratap Muthukrishnan

Aug 28, 2018, 11:16:53 AM8/28/18
to Anaconda - Public
Hi Travis,

Can you help me with the procedure for installing tar file. I tried conda install command. It seems to throw an error.

Sent from MI Max 2