Help! I have an Anaconda Navigator install problem.

Stephen Stewart

Jun 27, 2017, 6:30:51 PM6/27/17
to Anaconda - Public
After installing Miniconda on Mac OS X I installed:
conda install -c conda-forge jupyter

I downloaded two notebooks from GitHub to user directory "notebooks":
WhirlwindTourOfPython
PythonDataScienceHandbook
and tested it: jupyter notebook

Then I installed:
conda install -c conda-forge scrapy
conda install -c conda-forge pandas
conda install -c conda-forge matplotlib
conda install -c conda-forge flask

When I installed:
conda install anaconda-navigator

A large number of other files were also upated along with the navigator.
I tested the navigator. The iPython interpreter runs from the navigator.
Jupyter doesn't run from the navigator but still runs from the terminal.
What's wrong? How can I fix it?

Ray Donnelly

Jun 27, 2017, 6:55:29 PM6/27/17
to Anaconda - Public
conda-forge and conda defaults are not very compatible at present (this is something we are looking to improve). You need to install them into separate environments for now instead. You can read more about conda environments at https://conda.io/docs/using/envs.html

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---