anaconda ipython set up for AWS amazon web services

Sander Stepanov

May 27, 2016, 4:18:14 PM5/27/16
to Anaconda - Public
Hello friends
may you pls help sovle probem with remote use ipython for anaconda AWS

there is probem with remote ipython use set up
per

command
ipython profile create nbserver

shoud creat file
ipython_notebook_config.py
but this file was not created
it is what I have

[ec2-user@ip-10-30-216-233 .ipython]$ ipython profile create nbserver
[ec2-user@ip-10-30-216-233 .ipython]$ ls
extensions  nbextensions  profile_default  profile_nbserver
[ec2-user@ip-10-30-216-233 .ipython]$ find ipython_notebook_config.py
find: `ipython_notebook_config.py': No such file or directory
[ec2-user@ip-10-30-216-233 .ipython]$ cd profile_nbserver/
[ec2-user@ip-10-30-216-233 profile_nbserver]$ ls
ipython_config.py  ipython_kernel_config.py  log  pid  security  startup
[ec2-user@ip-10-30-216-233 profile_nbserver]$

in this link

explained

It turns out that I forgot to install dependencies to ipython notebook (I just did: pip install ipython). After you install ipython[notebook] or ipython[all] (or just install notebook depencies by hand) ipython profile create will also create notebook config files

but I do you Anakonda installation

Anaconda2-2.4.1-Linux-x86_64.sh

so should I improve ipython instlatoion as was done in this link?

Thanks

John Morrison

May 27, 2016, 4:22:49 PM5/27/16
to Anaconda - Public
Sander. One quick suggestion is that IPython-Notebook is not installed with Anaconda by default.

    conda install ipython-notebook

Then try those steps again

Sander Stepanov

May 29, 2016, 8:03:55 AM5/29/16
to Anaconda - Public
but some steps from
did worked
and files
ipython_config.py  ipython_kernel_config.py
where created?

Sander Stepanov

May 29, 2016, 8:05:32 AM5/29/16
to Anaconda - Public