Spyder problem

rdst

Nov 30, 2016, 2:08:25 PM11/30/16
to Anaconda - Public
Hello,

I have a problem with Spyder on Win10, 32 bit.
Spyder don't start. Whether from anaconda navigator, nor from anaconda prompt or directly out of C:\Users\...\Anaconda3\Scripts\spyder.exe

The error msg on anaconda prompt is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\...\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\qtpy\QtWebEngineWidgets.py", line 22, in <module>
    from PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEnginePage
ImportError: No module named 'PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets'

I deinstalled anaconda and made a complete new installation with te actual distribution (Anaconda3-4.2.0-Windows-x86.exe) but without success. Spyder refuses to start.

Is there any help.

Thanks a lot

Carlos Córdoba

Nov 30, 2016, 9:10:54 PM11/30/16
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi,

Do you have other Python installations in your system?

Cheers,
Carlos

El 30/11/16 a las 14:08, rdst escribió:
--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

rdst

Nov 30, 2016, 11:58:46 PM11/30/16
to Anaconda - Public
Yes, I have 2 different WinPython- Installationes (3.4.4 and 3.5.2) but each of them have it's own directory and are not registrated at Windows-Registry.

rdst

Dec 1, 2016, 1:58:31 PM12/1/16
to Anaconda - Public
Hello again,
pip install pyqt5 solved the problem for me.
conda install pyqt5 was not possible, because the module is not in the actual 32-bit branch

Ray Donnelly

Dec 1, 2016, 2:00:29 PM12/1/16
to Anaconda - Public
It is in the 32-bit repository, it's not called pyqt5 though, it's
called pyqt and the version number is 5.

rdst

Dec 1, 2016, 11:58:11 PM12/1/16
to Anaconda - Public
Yes, I know.
pyqt is part of the Anaconda installation for Windows 32-bit. But still I had the problem with spyder and the error-message: ImportError: No module named 'PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets'