can't import pandas, statsmodels and matplotlib on Jupyter for anaconda

Qiang Shen

Jul 24, 2016, 9:51:50 AM7/24/16
to Anaconda - Public

I failed to import package pandas statsmodels and matplotlib in Jupyter in Anaconda 2,

import pandas
import statsmodels
import matplotlib as mpl

for example the error information for import pandas like this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ImportError Traceback (most recent call last) in () ----> 1 import pandas

/Applications/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pandas/init.py in () 29 "pandas from the source directory, you may need to run " 30 "'python setup.py build_ext --inplace' to build the C " ---> 31 "extensions first.".format(module)) 32 33 from datetime import datetime

ImportError: C extension: hashtable not built. If you want to import pandas from the source directory, you may need to run 'python setup.py build_ext --inplace' to build the C extensions first.

but I can import numpy, scipy,sklearn correctly

import scipy as sp
import numpy as np
import sklearn as sk

In addition, if I use Spyder or ipython on Anaconda, it works for all the 6 packages mentioned above. I used the Mac OS 10.10.5, Python 2.7.12 Anaconda 2 (x86_64).

But if I start ipython or python directly from terminal, it can't work either. The question is similar to the question mentioned in the following link, but the answer seems not work for my problem (I have deleted the python 2.7 installed on the Mac by default). Do you know what's wrong with this? Thanks in advance.