conda hangs unless run in administrative mode

bryce...@gmail.com

May 7, 2016, 9:32:59 PM5/7/16
to Anaconda - Public
Hi I Just installed Anaconda3 4.0 64bit for windows. I did a "for all users" install. I couldn't run the conda command without first opening a command prompt in administrative mode otherwise the command would just hang for what seemed to be an indefinite period of time.

I am on windows 10 64bit (just upgraded with clean install)

Kale

May 26, 2016, 12:49:51 PM5/26/16
to Anaconda - Public, bryce...@gmail.com
Hi, There are many known (and probably unknown) multi-user support issues for conda on Windows (and Unix, for that matter).  We're planning on tackling all of these for the conda 4.3 milestone.  https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/2558