Spyder does not launch after new win 10 update

shriyak...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2018, 11:08:30 AM4/19/18
to Anaconda - Public
Hello,

I recently got a win 10 update, and haven't been able to run spyder since. It begins to load and then prompts that python has stopped working.Things I have tried:

- Launching spyder from both windows start and anaconda prompt
- Reset Spyder settings
- conda update spyder
- conda update --all
- uninstall and reinstall anaconda

I can access python through command prompt. Hence, I don't know why it does not work with spyder. Please help.

Thank You

Will Warner

Apr 19, 2018, 2:27:15 PM4/19/18
to Anaconda - Public
When you open the Anaconda prompt and run "spyder", does it show any errors?

As well as this list, you may want to ask on the Spyder Google group or Github issue tracker:

Pete Jemian

Apr 19, 2018, 4:07:40 PM4/19/18
to anac...@continuum.io
my $0.02, new Win10 install, new Anaconda install, new spyder install:
works for me
Problem may be specific to your particulars