ImportError: No module named 'PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets'

1 view

detective....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2016, 7:54:04 PM11/1/16
to Anaconda - Public
I get the following error when starting Spyder from Anaconda Navigator in a new installation of Anaconda installed on a new installation of Antergos Linux.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/aj/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qtpy/QtWebEngineWidgets.py", line 22, in <module>
    from PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEnginePage
ImportError: No module named 'PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/aj/anaconda3/bin/spyder", line 6, in <module>
    sys.exit(spyder.app.start.main())
  File "/home/aj/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/spyder/app/start.py", line 103, in main
    from spyder.app import mainwindow
  File "/home/aj/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/spyder/app/mainwindow.py", line 92, in <module>
    from qtpy import QtWebEngineWidgets  # analysis:ignore
  File "/home/aj/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qtpy/QtWebEngineWidgets.py", line 26, in <module>
    from PyQt5.QtWebKitWidgets import QWebPage as QWebEnginePage
ImportError: libselinux.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've been researching this issue for quite a while now and don't seem to be making any progress.

What do I need to do to fix this error?

pyqt5-common, python-pyqt5, python2-pyqt5 are all already installed (I installed python-pyqt5 via the package manager, the other two were already installed).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to use Spyder for school and want to avoid installing Windows for this single issue.

joy.ca...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2016, 9:51:43 AM12/3/16
to Anaconda - Public, detective....@gmail.com