How to run Haskell in Notebook or JupyterLab?

1 view

paol...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 10:56:37 AM4/20/18
to Anaconda - Public
I love the interface of Notebook and JupyterLab, and would like to use the interface to play around with Haskell.  There is an online version at:
but it is not always available.

In Windows, how can I use a Haskell (IHaskell?) kernel?  (Step by step, please).
In Ubuntu, how can I use a Haskell (IHaskell?) kernel?  (Step by step, please).

Does Continuum have an online Haskell interface?

Thanks for a great product,

Paolo

Will Warner

Apr 20, 2018, 5:01:17 PM4/20/18
to Anaconda - Public
It looks like the best option is to use classic Jupyter (previously known as IPython) instead of JupyterLab, and use the IHaskell kernel. https://github.com/gibiansky/IHaskell

As well as the mybinder.org site you linked, the IHaskell page suggests an online version at CoCalc.com .

The IHaskell page has install instructions for Linux, including Ubuntu, so you can install Jupyter and IHaskell on a Ubuntu machine and run it locally.

IHaskell says it does not support Windows, and recommends that Windows users run VirtualBox, make a Ubuntu virtual machine in VirtualBox, and install Jupyter and IHaskell on that Ubuntu virtual machine.

Anaconda Inc. (previously known as Continuum Analytics Inc.) does not have an online Haskell interface, but we can help Anaconda Enterprise customers set up Haskell kernels with Jupyter. If your organization is interested in that, please contact sa...@anaconda.com.

Thank you for using Anaconda!