migrating from backed up environments?

justin....@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2018, 2:42:43 PM6/21/18
to Anaconda - Public
Hello,

I just updated my machine to Ubuntu 18.04 from CentOS 7, but I didn't have the foresight to export all of my conda environments first.

Is there a clean way to build a new environment from an environment directory that was compiled on a different system?

Thanks,
Justin

Will Warner

Jun 22, 2018, 5:06:19 PM6/22/18
to Anaconda - Public
I don't know of a completely automatic way to do this, although someone else on this list may know. The easiest way might be to write a small script to generate an environment.yml file from the directory, or to make the environment.yml file by hand. More info: https://conda.io/docs/user-guide/tasks/manage-environments.html#creating-an-environment-file-manually