Reinstall anaconda

hindy...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2016, 12:30:54 AM11/30/16
to Anaconda - Public
Hi,
I was playing a bit with PyQt and that probably corrupted the anaconda navigator.
Is there a way to re - install the anaconda while keeping the packeges installed ?
Ilan

Ilan Schnell

Nov 30, 2016, 1:37:08 AM11/30/16
to Anaconda
I'm not sure what you corrupted, but if you are on Unix, you can use the -f (force) option the installer provides to do a "force' reinstall over an existing Anaconda installation.  That is, e.g.:
$ bash Anaconda2-4.2.0-Linux-x86_64.sh -b -f -p ~/anaconda

- Ilan

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

hindy...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2016, 12:29:07 AM12/1/16
to Anaconda - Public, hindy...@gmail.com

Hi,
I am working with windows
I tried  to update the conda and anaconda using:
conda update conda
conda update anaconda
and it did not help
I tried to activate the navigator form the anaconda prompt and got the following:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\qtpy\__init__.py", line 119, in <module>
    from PySide import __version__ as PYSIDE_VERSION  # analysis:ignore
ImportError: No module named 'PySide'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Anaconda\Scripts\anaconda-navigator-script.py", line 3, in <module>
    import anaconda_navigator.app.main
  File "D:\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\anaconda_navigator\app\main.py", line 16, in <module>
    from qtpy.QtCore import QCoreApplication, QEvent, QObject, Qt
  File "D:\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\qtpy\__init__.py", line 125, in <module>
    raise PythonQtError('No Qt bindings could be found')
qtpy.PythonQtError: No Qt bindings could be found