significance of build numbers in specs

Chris Withers

Feb 25, 2015, 1:30:02 PM2/25/15
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi All,

I set up my anaconda environments using:
conda create -n <env> --file conda_spec.txt
Where conda_spec.txt is created with 'conda list' in an existing environment that I have set up as I need, this gives a file that looks like this:
# This file may be used to create an environment using:
# $ conda create --name <env> --file <this file>
# platform: osx-64
binstar=0.9.2=py27_1
clyent=0.3.2=py27_0
This has worked fine until I tried to create a matching environment on a linux box. The bit after the second equals appears to differ between OS X and Linux, with matching versions not being available.

Am I right in understanding that this is the build number?

If so, what happens if change the file to be, instead:
binstar=0.9.2
clyent=0.3.2
Will that now pick the package with the highest build number?

Given that I really do want py27, what would happen with:
binstar=0.9.2=py27
clyent=0.3.2=py27
cheers,

Chris

Ilan Schnell

Feb 25, 2015, 1:47:47 PM2/25/15
to Anaconda
What you are referring to is the build string.  Using:
binstar=0.9.2 clyent=0.3.2
should be fine.  But using:
binstar=0.9.2=py27 clyent=0.3.2=py27
will not work, as there are no package with build string 'py27' (it is usually 'py27_0' or something like that.

- Ilan

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Chris Withers

Feb 25, 2015, 1:54:52 PM2/25/15
to anac...@continuum.io
On 25/02/2015 18:47, Ilan Schnell wrote:
> What you are referring to is the build string. Using:
> binstar=0.9.2 clyent=0.3.2
>
> should be fine. But using:
> binstar=0.9.2=py27
> clyent=0.3.2=py27
>
> will not work, as there are no package with build string 'py27' (it is usually 'py27_0' or something like that.

Thanks for the quick answer.

If I leave the build string off, will I always get the py27 version?

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Ilan Schnell

Feb 25, 2015, 2:00:10 PM2/25/15
to Anaconda
Yes, as long as "python=2.7.9" is also in the list.

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics