Lost Jupyter27 - How to recover

kumarmy...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2017, 6:18:42 PM10/10/17
to Anaconda - Public
Until now I was able to create new notebooks either in Jupyter27 or Jupyter35.
For some reason, now I am unable to crteate in Jupyter27.
Following is the message in Anaconda27 shell.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions to get back my Jupyter27!

Best,
Kumar.
+

------
[I 00:13:27.619 NotebookApp] Serving notebooks from local directory: C:
sku
[I 00:13:27.621 NotebookApp] 0 active kernels
[I 00:13:27.621 NotebookApp] The Jupyter Notebook is running at: http:/
t:8888/?token=221c80a705184a5afab8c82acb4c689d9aa52f48047a650d
[I 00:13:27.622 NotebookApp] Use Control-C to stop this server and shut
 kernels (twice to skip confirmation).
[C 00:13:27.628 NotebookApp]

    Copy/paste this URL into your browser when you connect for the firs
    to login with a token:
a650d
[I 00:13:27.706 NotebookApp] Accepting one-time-token-authenticated con
rom ::1
[W 00:13:27.974 NotebookApp] Native kernel (python2) is not available
[W 00:13:27.980 NotebookApp] Native kernel (python2) is not available
---------------------

Will Warner

Oct 11, 2017, 3:25:33 PM10/11/17
to Anaconda - Public, kumarmy...@gmail.com
Have you been using different conda environments for 27 and 35? If you run "conda info", what active environment does it show, and what Python version does it show?

anatta

Oct 14, 2017, 4:24:25 PM10/14/17
to Anaconda - Public, kumarmy...@gmail.com
Actually I do not have both python2 and python kernel now...so says the messages.  Is it a good idea to delete the entire anaconda and reinstall.  If so, please point to me to the right un-installation/re-installation guide/reference!  thansk again. Kumar.+

anatta

Oct 14, 2017, 4:53:19 PM10/14/17
to Anaconda - Public, kumarmy...@gmail.com
more details attached.  Thanks for the help.
q_to_group.pdf

anatta

Oct 14, 2017, 5:01:55 PM10/14/17
to Anaconda - Public, kumarmy...@gmail.com
q_to_group_2.pdf

Will Warner

Oct 16, 2017, 5:52:53 PM10/16/17
to Anaconda - Public, kumarmy...@gmail.com
What commands do you use to launch Jupyter27 and Jupyter35? Are you using "activate py27" and then "jupyter-notebook"?

It's best not to uninstall and reinstall if you can avoid it. If you have to do it, the instructions are here:

anatta

Oct 20, 2017, 7:51:13 AM10/20/17
to Anaconda - Public, kumarmy...@gmail.com
@Will Warner:  tried all your suggestions and from anaconda documentation.  I am not sure if you have seen my attachments provided here in this email chain.  I hoped that someone will have the specific solution for the kernels not loading.  Any way, now the solution is to uninstall and reinstall.  You mentioned that this is  not preferable.  Please explain what precautions that I need to take other than following uninstall documentation you have previously referred here.  Thanks in advance for this help.  Kumar.
+++

Ray Donnelly

Oct 20, 2017, 7:58:41 AM10/20/17
to Anaconda - Public, kumarmy...@gmail.com
You should give the *exact* steps that you followed otherwise we are basically guessing at what you may have done.

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---