Why error when install additional python package on anaconda?

america...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2015, 4:23:49 PM2/24/15
to anac...@continuum.io
I tried to install an additional python package on anaconda. The package is Levenshtein.tar.gz and it is put under the Anaconda directory. And I used cmd to install it. I change directory to C:\Anaconda And I used the command: conda install Levnshtein.tar.gz. And I got the error: No Packages found in current win-32 channels matching: Levenshtein.tar.gz. I am wondering why. Thank you for your help!

Ryan Nelson

Feb 25, 2015, 10:06:17 AM2/25/15
to anac...@continuum.io, america...@gmail.com
You haven't provided quite enough information to really answer this question. Where did you get this file from? If it wasn't created with "conda build", then you won't be able to install it this way, and I'm not seeing it listed on Binstar. Did you got it from PyPI (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-Levenshtein/0.12.0)? If so, then simply install the package using pip:
C:\> pip install python-Levenshtein

Ryan

Ame Dia

May 11, 2016, 1:21:39 PM5/11/16
to Ryan Nelson, anac...@continuum.io
Hi,

I posted the question a while ago.

I got the file from here:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-Levenshtein/0.12.0

But I fixed it finally.

And I used the Anaconda cheatsheet upgraded my Anaconda:

http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/cheatsheet.html

And I used the !pip command in Anaconda to install all the packages under anaconda. It works.