Anaconda Python 3.5 on Obuntu 16.10 Only X11 Fonts

Greg

Jan 11, 2017, 11:05:12 AM1/11/17
to Anaconda - Public
Using Idle in the Python 3.5 environment installed with Ubuntu 16.10 I have access to the full set of truetype fonts. Running Idle or Spyder under the Anaconda environment I only have the limited and ugly X11 fonts. I installed Anaconda for access to Spyder because it is broken under Ubuntu 16.10, something to do with QT4 not being fully supported on Ubuntu after 16.04. Do I give up on Anaconda or is there a way to use truetype fonts with Anaconda?

Greg

Jan 16, 2017, 4:16:37 PM1/16/17
to Anaconda - Public
I fixed the problem. I deleted Anaconda and went back to the Ubuntu installed Python and I am now using Ninja instead of Spyder.