anaconda for windows and caffee?

manil...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2017, 11:53:36 PM6/25/17
to Anaconda - Public
Hi everyone

Doing my very first machine learning exercise using anaconda 3 for windows and want to add caffe but I can't find a windows download.
Is there a caffe for windows anaconda download? I want to avoid using Linux since I already have my entire environment in windows.

Thanks

Will Warner

Jun 27, 2017, 1:58:34 PM6/27/17
to Anaconda - Public, manil...@gmail.com
On Linux it's possible to install Anaconda and then use the command "conda install caffe" to install the conda package of Caffe for Linux.

It looks like no one has built conda packages of Caffe for Windows yet: https://anaconda.org/search?q=caffe

The conda-forge Caffe project did discuss it about a year ago, but it seems there were some missing Windows requirements: https://github.com/conda-forge/caffe-feedstock/issues/3

You might comment on that issue and ask if anything has changed in the last year that might make it possible to build a conda package of Caffe for Windows.

Also, that issue links to this page with an experimental Windows port of Caffe: https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/tree/windows

That page has binaries you can download and try to run. It lists Anaconda Python as an optional dependency, so it should work with Anaconda.