Cannot start ipython notebook from Launcher or Termina. Get error "The IPython Notebook requires tornado >= 4.0, but you have 3.2"

nicole...@aclimalabs.com

Mar 26, 2015, 12:57:11 PM3/26/15
to anac...@continuum.io
I am trying to start ipython notebook (on a brand new mac with a fresh install of ipython), but get an error saying that I need tornado >= 4.0 even though I have version 4.1 (viewed under conda list). Conda and Anaconda are also up to date.

I tried launcher ( had to update ipython first, but then restarted it and tried launching)
I tried terminal with: ipython notebook and ipython notebook --ip=127.0.0.1

Thoughts?  I would really like to try notebook but I always seem to struggle to get it open?!

Thanks!

gpena-ca...@continuum.io

Oct 6, 2015, 9:40:18 AM10/6/15
to Anaconda - Public, nicole...@aclimalabs.com
Hi, we are working on a new launcher which should address the issues presented by the previous version.

If you would like to try it please go to a terminal, remove the previous launcher, install the new version and launch it by typing:

conda remove launcher
conda install -c https://conda.anaconda.org/goanpeca/channel/dev launcher=2.0.0rc1
launcher

Let us know if the issues persist, or any other comments and suggestions

Cheers