Install libfreenect on anaconda

safo...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2018, 8:25:04 AM4/21/18
to Anaconda - Public
How to install libfreenect package from github to anaconda (python 3.6) on a Windows machine ?
who can guide me because i did a lot of research but nothing was useful ?
Thanks.

Matt Curcio

Apr 21, 2018, 8:49:13 AM4/21/18
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi S,
I don't mean to sound like an idiot but what responses have you had by contacting the ppl from the OpenKinect Web site or Girhub site? Have you tried contacting the github/web site owners? What luck have you had? What research have you come up with so far? I am just trying to gain perspective so that my help might be more fruitful. I went on You tube and found some videos regarding Kinect, have you tried that  route? Some time it takes hunting down all the leads you can get a hold of. ;))

As much as this Anaconda group may be very knowledgeable I don't know if they would have program specific experience install your device. I would have thought the software makers and it's users would be a better source.

Let me know how I can help,

Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

Ray Donnelly

Apr 21, 2018, 11:46:31 AM4/21/18
to Anaconda - Public
You definitely need to figure this out for yourself. I don't know that anyone from Anaconda Distribution nor conda-forge has a MS Kinect device or would want to spend their time working on something like this.

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

louis commere

Jan 31, 2019, 4:15:05 PM1/31/19
to Anaconda - Public
Hi Safouene, Did you figure it out? I'm also trying to make libfreenect work in a conda env.
Thank you,
Louis