Conflict installing mayavi

CHUMKI CHAKRABORTY

Jun 25, 2017, 8:59:14 PM6/25/17
to Anaconda - Public
Hi :

When I am trying to install mayavi using the command conda install mayavi, I get the following message

UnsatisfiableError. The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
mayavi
navigator-updater
pywavelets

I also tried installing it using pip install mayavi. But it did not work. A screenshot of the error is attached here.Kindly help!!

Best
Chumki
Capture.PNG

Ian Stokes Rees

Jun 25, 2017, 11:35:37 PM6/25/17
to anac...@continuum.io

Hi Chumki,

One of the reasons we’ve coupled package management with software sandboxes is because these kinds of conflicts come up regularly. Avoiding them in the same software environment is sometimes impossible. What I’d suggest doing is:

conda create -n mymayavi --clone root
source activate mymayavi
conda remove navigator pywavelets
conda install pyavai

Regards,

Ian

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD
Computational Scientist
1.617.942.0218
ijst...@continuum.io
@ContinuumIO @ijstokes

Anaconda Powered By Continuum Analytics

CHUMKI CHAKRABORTY

Jun 26, 2017, 1:24:58 AM6/26/17
to anac...@continuum.io
Hello Ian:

Thanks a lot for the response. I tried running the commands that you suggested, but at the end I get a message saying packagenotfounderror. In between I had tried to uninstall and reinstall anaconda from my computer and after that conda install mayavi had started giving me error as: unsatisfiableerror. Specifications found in conflict: -bottleneck -mayavi -navigator-updater. It doesn't show the pywavelets thing anymore. I am attaching the images of both the conditions.

Best
Chumki

On 6/25/17 8:59 PM, CHUMKI CHAKRABORTY wrote:

[...]

Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG

CHUMKI CHAKRABORTY

muv...@gmail.com