"Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load mkl_intel_thread.dll"at

1 view

Nicholas Randall

Oct 18, 2017, 4:12:18 PM10/18/17
to Anaconda - Public
Hello,

I recently installed Anaconda 3, python version 3.6, and have been getting this error message when I try to run code. I searched up this issue and one fix people found was to add the directories to the Windows Path environment variable, so I did add the directories where mkl_intel_thread.dll was found to the path environment variable. Still getting the error message. It doesn't matter if I use Jupyter or Visual Studio Code to run the code, I get the same message. What's the solution?

Nicholas Randall

Oct 18, 2017, 4:21:29 PM10/18/17
to Anaconda - Public
This is an example
cannot find mkl_intel_thread dll.png

pgib...@hotmail.com

Nov 19, 2017, 2:13:13 PM11/19/17
to Anaconda - Public
Hi,

I had this problem too on windows 10, could not run anything using matplot in my Jupyter books.
Solved it by renaming the mkl_*.dll files in \Windows\System32. I added .old to the filename.
Looks like the mkl_* .dll files in Anaconda3\Library\bin are newer.
Now my Jupyter books run fine.

sag...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2018, 9:29:08 AM4/18/18
to Anaconda - Public, pgib...@hotmail.com
Great!, that solved the problem for me too !

bre...@gmail.com

May 7, 2018, 12:41:14 PM5/7/18
to Anaconda - Public, pgib...@hotmail.com
Thanks brother! This really worked for my. I was trying to solve this the whole week. Best regards from Brazil!! :)

robertburg...@gmail.com

May 30, 2018, 12:17:59 AM5/30/18
to Anaconda - Public, pgib...@hotmail.com
Thank you so much, had this same issue, fixed everything

thuzh...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2018, 10:35:56 AM7/10/18
to Anaconda - Public, nran...@gmail.com
Hey, guys! I met this problem too. But I found there was no mkl_*.dll in C:\Windows\System32. How to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!

Breno Belém

Jul 10, 2018, 11:21:51 AM7/10/18
to anac...@continuum.io
Maybe is inside of another folder. Try searching mkl dlls files. Also remind to show hidden system files on Windows properties. I hope you find them. This problem really seems to occur due to system calling first old mkl dlls in place of newer Anaconda mkl dlls.

Best regards!

Breno

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

Juan E. Sanchez

Jul 10, 2018, 11:32:33 AM7/10/18
to anac...@continuum.io
The mkl libs should be in the same directories as the python executable.
You have the "mkl" package loaded by default. I recommend using the
Anaconda Command Prompt from the start menu, and that should have all of
the paths set.

Regards,

Juan
> --
> Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
> ---

tumurt...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2018, 3:12:38 PM10/10/18
to Anaconda - Public, nran...@gmail.com
Hi,

I have this problem. There is not any mkl files in my system32. I uninstalled python and re-installed anaconda. Yet I have not found any solution. Also I installed Intel MKL library, still no solution.

anyone has a solution?

Best regards,

Tumurtogtokh