How to launch Anaconda after install in Ubuntu?

Hải Yến Trịnh

Jul 12, 2017, 9:07:06 PM7/12/17
to anac...@continuum.io
Hello,
I am get used to using Windows. Recently, I have moved to Ubuntu (I am beginner). I installed Anaconda as the guide on the website and there is no error incurred and reported in the terminal, according to my observation. However, after installing, I try to look for it in the Dash. I type Anaconda but there is only a folder named "anaconda3", no icon or something like that. I am so confused and do not know how can launch and use Anaconda now?

I am sorry for my stupid question but I really do not know how.

Thank you for your support!

Will Warner

Jul 13, 2017, 1:29:13 PM7/13/17
to Anaconda - Public
You can start Anaconda Navigator by opening a Terminal window and running the command "anaconda-navigator": https://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/navigator/getting-started

Or you can open a Terminal window and use "conda" commands directly to create environments and install packages: https://conda.io/docs/test-drive.html

aravind...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2018, 2:42:43 PM6/21/18
to Anaconda - Public
Hello !!!
i'm too new to linux (kali), i have problem in launching navigator...
it says "anaconda cant be launched as root"
i want it to  be run as root...
Can u plz HELP ????

te0m...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2018, 12:46:05 PM6/22/18
to Anaconda - Public
Try running the command with 'sudo' before it.

Or simple run 'sudo -s', which will make you root, and then run the command.

ARAVIND SWAMI

Jun 27, 2018, 6:08:42 AM6/27/18
to anac...@continuum.io
Sorry u didn't get my question;I'm the  root it says, it "cant be launched as root"

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

bala...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2018, 12:57:35 PM7/23/18
to Anaconda - Public
Will, thanks for your help

hushujia...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 10:17:14 AM8/3/18
to Anaconda - Public
type
source ~/anaconda*/bin/activate root
and then
anaconda-navigator

在 2018年6月22日星期五 UTC+8上午2:42:43,ARAVIND SWAMI写道:

imen...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2018, 9:57:31 AM12/6/18
to Anaconda - Public
just type anaconda-notebook in your terminal

Jagath Chandra

Jun 2, 2020, 8:36:20 PM6/2/20
to Anaconda - Public