Default readline version doesn't work with URxvt

Tom Eaton

Oct 19, 2017, 7:16:28 AM10/19/17
to Anaconda - Public
Hello,

When I try and create a new environment and use the Python prompt within it, I have difficulty using the prompt. This is because keyboard control keys are interpreted as characters not as control inputs. To fix this, I have to manually remove the readline files from the envs/ENV_NAME/lib folder, and then reinstall readline with pip.

Please may you verify that the readline version that is installed by default is the same as the version installed by pip.

Many thanks,

Tom

Ray Donnelly

Oct 19, 2017, 7:25:48 AM10/19/17
to Anaconda - Public
Which OS are you using? Please file a bug at github.com/ContinuumIO/anaconda-issues

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Tom Eaton