Spyder takes way too long to load

r.rob...@gns.cri.nz

Apr 16, 2017, 8:50:13 PM4/16/17
to Anaconda - Public
I use Spyder which is part of the latest Anaconda package  I takes about 1.5 minutes to load which is very irritating. Otherwise it is quite nice and easy to use for Python development.
I use Windows 10 and have a virus checker running (MalwareBytes); turning off the checker doesn't make much difference.

Any ideas what I can do to speed it up?
Thanks.

Carlos Córdoba

Apr 16, 2017, 8:51:39 PM4/16/17
to anac...@continuum.io
Could you in a terminal

    spyder --reset

and try again? Thanks!

Cheers,
Carlos

El 16/04/17 a las 19:50, r.rob...@gns.cri.nz escribió:
--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Russell Robinson

Apr 16, 2017, 11:23:19 PM4/16/17
to anac...@continuum.io

Carlos,

After “spyder –reset” in a terminal, Sypder loads a lot faster if I start it from a terminal. Also somewhat

faster from a desktop icon but not as fast as from a terminal.

I will try reconfiguring some things  and let you know of any problems.

Thanks.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Anaconda - Public" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/group/anaconda/.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential and may not be used, published or redistributed without the prior written consent of the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited (GNS Science). If received in error please destroy and immediately notify GNS Science. Do not copy or disclose the contents.

c.glenn...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 9:44:49 PM11/27/17
to Anaconda - Public, r.rob...@gns.cri.nz
spyder --reset doesn't have much effect to fix the problem on 3.2.3  I have spyder 2 on another machine and it works OK.  It is really quite annoying to have such an obvious in-your-face problem persisting for so long.  Makes one think that developers are losing interest in this tool.  I'm beginning to think about abandoning Spyder in favor of maybe Atom.

piyus...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2018, 12:46:05 PM6/22/18
to Anaconda - Public, r.rob...@gns.cri.nz
thanks very much. It is now loading within seconds.

piyush