Spyder Online help: Unable to load page

mr.j...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2018, 12:46:05 PM6/22/18
to Anaconda - Public
I just installed Anaconda3-5.2.0-Windows-x86_64, started Spyder and found that "online help" is broken.
It shows properly only homepage, but whatever link I click, all I get is message "Unable to load page".
I uninstalled 5.2.0 and installed back 5.1.0 and guess what? Everything works as expected including on-line help.

How can I fix this in Anaconda3-5.2.0-Windows-x86_64?

Will Warner

Jun 22, 2018, 5:13:56 PM6/22/18
to Anaconda - Public
It's possible that the latest version of Spyder has the bug, and an older version of Spyder is working OK, and that Anaconda and the other libraries in Anaconda don't affect it. You can use "conda list spyder" to see what version of Spyder is installed, and use "conda install spyder=3.2.8" to install the latest version, or replace the version number to install a previous version. If changing the version of Spyder makes the bug appear and disappear, then you know that's the source, and you can file a bug on the Spyder issue tracker: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues

If running Anaconda3-5.2.0-Windows-x86_64 with the older version of Spyder installed does show the bug, and running 5.1.0 with the same version of Spyder does not show the bug, then the problem must be in one of the other packages in Anaconda. If that happens, please post here and we'll help you with further troubleshooting.