Running IPython under Windows7 : Permission denied: u'C:\\Windows\\system32

chip...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2013, 6:06:29 AM9/19/13
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi,

I'm trying to develop IPython notebooks for web-based and local deployment. Unfortunately, IPython from the Anaconda CE distribution 1.7.0 won't run out of the box under Windows 7 without admin privileges : When I try to open a notebook from an arbitrary directory, I get the message

Unexpected error while autosaving notebook: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Windows\\system32\\ ...

For me, the IPython configuration system is not trivial - I think, I need a little help on how to tweak the system to run IPython in a different directory. Could anyone give me a hint? I plan to introduce (I)Python in a university course starting in October and I would like to smooth out some rough edges till then.

Perhaps it would be possible to setup IPython with a different default run directory for future releases? I think the current behaviour might confuse newbies.

Best regards,

Christian

Emily P

Sep 19, 2013, 9:29:49 PM9/19/13
to anac...@continuum.io
------

-------------------

 In order to avoid this message, you must create a folder for ipynb files,  let us say NBooks, and start the server from that folder.

Emily

Christian Münker

Sep 20, 2013, 6:04:01 AM9/20/13
to anac...@continuum.io
Thank you so much - I just copied the link to the IPython notebook from the Windows start menu to my IPython Notebook folder, works like a charm.

On my system, this links to

    C:\Anaconda\python.exe "C:\Anaconda\Scripts/ipython-script.py" notebook

It's so easy, when you know how to do it ... ;-)

Cheers,

Christian

Victor Herasme Perez

Jun 25, 2014, 3:46:41 AM6/25/14
to anac...@continuum.io, chip...@gmail.com
Hi,

I am facing the same issue and I have no clue of what to do. Can anyone tell me please ?

michael...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2014, 11:50:13 PM10/23/14
to anac...@continuum.io, chip...@gmail.com
Copy the link to IPython notebook located in Start menu (mine is located here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Anaconda (64-bit)), and paste it into the folder where your notebook file is located. Then open the link from there, and you should be able to upload the notebook on the webpage.

diegope...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2017, 10:17:47 PM4/1/17
to Anaconda - Public, chip...@gmail.com
I need a step-by-step solution for this D;

chetan.p...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2017, 8:43:29 AM10/23/17
to Anaconda - Public, chip...@gmail.com