Python

deni...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2017, 10:52:08 AM8/16/17
to Anaconda - Public, deni...@yahoo.com

Good Day Folks

A conda list indicates python dateutil 2.6.0 py36-0 has been successfully

installed. If this is correct; would you please help me.

From here how do I run Python to start my learning curve?

Thanks in advance.

Denis Dent

Denis DENT

Aug 16, 2017, 11:00:04 AM8/16/17
to anac...@continuum.io

Good Morning Anaconda

sukhjit sehra

Aug 16, 2017, 11:02:25 AM8/16/17
to anac...@continuum.io
Dear all,

I tried to install qgis 2.18 on MacOS Sierra using

conda install -c conda-forge qgis

As given at link and getting an error:

PackageNotFoundError: Package missing in current osx-64 channels: - qgis

Suggest how to handle and install it

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Er. Sukhjit Singh Sehra
Assistant Professor
Dept of Computer Science Engg.
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, Punjab
Mobile No:- 09855959200
**Kindly visit sikh-relics.in  -  A Gallery of Blessed Relics of Sikh Guru Sahib

Chris Barker

Aug 16, 2017, 12:27:26 PM8/16/17
to anaconda
conda-forge only support QGIS for Linux :-(

It looks like you already posted an issue on the conda-forge feedstock.

But for now, you'll need to get it another way -- it looks like the QGIS page has a binary to download.

Or, if you are experienced with building software on the Mac, you may be able to contribute to the QGIS feedstock.

-CHB

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris....@noaa.gov

yanweig...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2017, 11:53:15 AM8/22/17
to Anaconda - Public
Hi, Chris

I run conda code and tried to install qgis in linux. I got the following

UnsatisfiableErro: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
-python 3.6*
-qgis -> dateutil -> python 2.6*
Use "conda info <package>" to see the dependencies for each package.

Anaconda has python 3.6 and the default is 2.7 in my computer.

Do you know how to resolve this?

Thanks
Yan
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to anaconda+u...@continuum.io.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/group/anaconda/.
--
Er. Sukhjit Singh Sehra
Assistant Professor
Dept of Computer Science Engg.
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, Punjab
Mobile No:- 09855959200
**Kindly visit sikh-relics.in  -  A Gallery of Blessed Relics of Sikh Guru Sahib

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Chris Barker

Aug 22, 2017, 12:09:04 PM8/22/17
to anaconda
On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 8:53 AM, <yanweig...@gmail.com> wrote:
I run conda code and tried to install qgis in linux. I got the following

what exactly did you do?

What version of Anaconda or miniconda did you install?

what command did you use to try to install qgis?

It looks like qgis is only available for 2.7, so you need to either install miniconda2 or use a python 2 environment:

conda create -n qgis_test python=2

source activate qgis_test

conda install -c conda-forge qgis

Should do it.

UnsatisfiableErro: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
-python 3.6*
-qgis -> dateutil -> python 2.6*
Use "conda info <package>" to see the dependencies for each package.
Anaconda has python 3.6 and the default is 2.7 in my computer.

That's the problem -- you need a conda 2.7 Python.

The system python is irrelevant.

-CHB

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/group/anaconda/.

Weigang Yan

Aug 23, 2017, 5:48:39 AM8/23/17
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi, Chris:

I am building an app stack for my data analysis. Anaconda is the latest version I use and it has python3.6. I did used
conda install -c conda-forge qgis

It did not allow me to install qgis. I checked up the qgis website. It says QGIS3 will have python3 and he stable version will be released very soon. I prefer to keep one main python version in operation. It seems I have to handle both p2 and p3 togehter.

Best regards
Yan

Senior Research Associate
Lancaster Environment Center
Lancaster University

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Anaconda - Public" group.

Chris Barker

Aug 23, 2017, 1:04:43 PM8/23/17
to anaconda
On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 2:47 AM, Weigang Yan <yanweig...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am building an app stack for my data analysis. Anaconda is the latest version I use and it has python3.6. I did used
conda install -c conda-forge qgis

It did not allow me to install qgis.

right -- there is no qgis package for python3

I checked up the qgis website. It says QGIS3 will have python3 and he stable version will be released very soon.

then conda-forge will be able to support it. I encourage you to contribute to that effort.

I prefer to keep one main python version in operation. It seems I have to handle both p2 and p3 together.

I'm afraid so -- but maybe not for long.

-CHB