Timeout error using conda install (for ggplot, graphviz and gensim)

1 view

mitch....@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 8:06:05 AM8/21/17
to Anaconda - Public

Trying to install additional packages, I continue to face the same timeout error.
I've searched through various threads and cannot get this to work via amendments to .condarc (admittedly I am novice to amending it)

I am able to reach the repositories using a browser, suggesting this isn't a firewall issue.
I have tried this over the last few days and it is not an intermittent issue as I have experienced the same error for the last three working days.

What am I missing?

I continue to run into the same error using
pip install

or
conda install

:

and

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3
Auto Generated Inline Image 4
Auto Generated Inline Image 5
Auto Generated Inline Image 6
Auto Generated Inline Image 7

Michael Sarahan

Aug 21, 2017, 9:01:47 AM8/21/17
to Anaconda - Public
Seems like you might be missing some important proxy information.  Sorry I don't know much about this, but I hope it gives you something to search for.

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Ian Stokes Rees

Aug 21, 2017, 2:18:10 PM8/21/17
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi Mitch,

Thanks for your interest in Anaconda.  I'm sorry you've been having trouble.

On 8/21/17 8:06 AM, mitch....@gmail.com wrote:

Trying to install additional packages, I continue to face the same timeout error.
I've searched through various threads and cannot get this to work via amendments to .condarc (admittedly I am novice to amending it)

I am able to reach the repositories using a browser, suggesting this isn't a firewall issue.

Not necessarily true.  If this is in a corporate environment your browser may automatically pick up proxy configuration or be pre-configured to use a proxy server.

Whereas command line tools may not go through the proxy.

If you are at home then you should contact your ISP and ask them why you can't reach certain hosts/IP addresses.

But if I had to guess I imagine you are in a corporate environment so I'd suggest you contact your IT team there.

Anaconda Enterprise is designed to address these challenges, enabling Anaconda to work behind a corporate firewall, or even in air-gap environments.  The free Anaconda distribution is designed for:

* single user
* single system
* interactive use
* unrestricted access to the public Internet

Anaconda Enterprise is designed for:

* multi-user
* server-based install or installation onto clusters
* "headless" use (CLI only)
* firewalled or air-gapped networks

If you'd like more information contact `sa...@continuum.io` or check out the product page on our website: http://continuum.io.

Cheers,