ok to move files into miniconda3/envs/<env-name>/bin

gregca...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2016, 9:02:37 AM7/22/16
to Anaconda - Public
If I have local binaries that I would like to have accessible in a conda environment, but not in my system-wide PATH, is it accepted to link those files (or copy them to) miniconda3/envs/<env-name>/bin?  Or is there a better way to achieve this? I'm developing installation instructions for my users who will conda install my package, and would like to suggest this because due to the nature of this package my users may have other binaries that are not conda installable that they may want in their environment. I just want to make sure I'm not going to be suggesting something that isn't officially supported and therefore might break without warning.

Thanks!
Greg