support for libomp missing in llvm -do you have plans to add that?

Steffen Natter

Apr 20, 2018, 1:44:07 AM4/20/18
to Anaconda - Public
Hello
I am looking to install Man AHL's arctic which is a high performance data store for time series. The package requires libomp which is not part of the current llvm version I installed with ```conda install llvm```. Do you have any plans to include this?
This would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Steffen

Nehal J Wani

Apr 22, 2018, 7:53:25 PM4/22/18
to anac...@continuum.io, stna...@gmail.com
Hi Steffan,

If you are on macOS, you can try installing the conda package llvm-openmp to get that.

Cheers!

Nehal J Wani

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

Steffen Natter

Apr 22, 2018, 10:21:07 PM4/22/18
to Anaconda - Public
i tried that. conda install llvm-openmp. did not help:

Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/libomp/lib/libomp.dylib

at the moment the only accessible way to do it is to install homebrew and run brew install CLIUtils/apple/libomp
which is a solution i do not like. I would way prefer a clean solution from conda.

Steffen

Michael Sarahan

Apr 22, 2018, 11:10:27 PM4/22/18
to anac...@continuum.io
Are you building arctic yourself?  You can't expect conda to provide arbitary libraries for external stuff.  You have to build stuff to use our libraries.  i recommend trying to create a conda recipe for arctic.  Yt is a recipe that probably gets pretty close to what you need - just edit the source and dependencies and it might work.

https://github.com/AnacondaRecipes/yt-feedstock/blob/master/recipe/meta.yaml

General package build docs at https://conda.io/docs/user-guide/tasks/build-packages/recipe.html