AstroPy + NumPy conflict

Joseph Hunkeler

Jun 27, 2016, 3:26:49 PM6/27/16
to Anaconda - Public
Hi,

I seem to unable to install AstroPy 1.2.1 into my environment because it requires NumPy 1.11*. For the moment I have a hard dependency on Numpy 1.10*. Have you have dropped support for linking packages against NumPy 1.10* in the "defaults" repository, or was this just a fluke?

$ conda create -n fails python=3.5 numpy=1.10 astropy=1.2.1
Fetching package metadata ...........
Solving package specifications: ....

The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
  - astropy 1.2.1* -> numpy 1.11*
  - astropy 1.2.1* -> python 2.7*|3.4*
  - python 3.5*

$ conda info astropy=1.2.1 | grep numpy
    numpy 1.11*
    numpy 1.11*
    numpy 1.11*

$ conda info #abridged
Current conda install:

             platform : linux-64
        conda version : 4.1.3
    conda-env version : 2.5.1
  conda-build version : 1.21.2
       python version : 3.5.1.final.0
     requests version : 2.10.0

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph Hunkeler

Jun 28, 2016, 7:14:50 PM6/28/16
to anac...@continuum.io

Hi again...

OK, so now I'm attempting to rebuild my institute's recipes against np111, and I've noticed some inconsistencies. Not all packages in the "defaults" repository have been rebuilt to link against np111.

For example, if I compile a custom "pyqtgraph" recipe I will receive a build failure because "pyopengl"s numpy linkage is incompatible; pyopengl was linked against np110, not np111.

$ conda info pyopengl | grep numpy
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.10*
    numpy 1.10*
    numpy 1.10*

$ conda info pyopengl-accelerate | grep numpy
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.9*
    numpy 1.10*
    numpy 1.10*

Why is pyqtgraph not linked against a specific version of NumPy while many other packages are?

$ conda info pyqtgraph | grep numpy
    numpy
    numpy
    numpy
    numpy
    numpy
    numpy

Regards,

Joe

--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

Ilan Schnell

Jun 28, 2016, 7:33:20 PM6/28/16
to Anaconda

Yes, those are missing.  I'll make them available later tonight.

- Ilan

Ilan Schnell

Jun 28, 2016, 8:40:41 PM6/28/16
to Anaconda
pyopengl and pyopengl-accelerate build against Numpy 1.11 are now available.

Joseph Hunkeler

Jun 28, 2016, 10:10:19 PM6/28/16
to anac...@continuum.io
Thank you, Ilan!  :D