IPython notebook raises 404 not found because Serving notebook from local directory `C:\Users\Administrator`

Sébastien Celles

Jul 2, 2015, 5:57:12 AM7/2/15
to anac...@continuum.io

Hello,

I'd like to use IPython with my students.

I installed Anaconda Python (conda 3.14.1) with Python 3.4.3 with Administrator privilege
under Windows 7.

When I log as a student (low privilege) and run Anaconda / IPython (Py 3.4) Notebook it raises

404 : Not Found
You are requesting a page that does not exist!

Console display

Serving notebook from local directory `C:\Users\Administrator`

The problem is that IPython should run inside C:\Users\student_login

IPython version is 3.2.0

Shortcut to run IPython notebook is

C:\Anaconda3\python.exe "C:\Anaconda3\Scripts/ipython-script.py" notebook

I don't know if that's an Anaconda issue or a IPython issue.

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/8600

Any help is welcome.

Kind regards