install prefix set to $PREFIX, but ocaml looks for ocamlrun in envs/_build/bin/

w.hu...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 6:20:51 AM3/26/15
to anac...@continuum.io
I'm trying to make a recipe for ocaml. The build script is the following (which is sufficient outside of conda):

#!/bin/bash

[ `uname` == Linux ]; then
    ./configure --prefix $PREFIX
    make world.opt
    umask 022
    make install
fi

The build works fine, and ocaml as well as ocamlrun are both put in ~/anaconda/bin during install, however, ocaml still wants to look for ocamlrun in ~/anaconda/envs/_build/bin. I think there's a similar problem when using conda to build and install qt, whereby calling `qmake query` suggests the libs and plugins, etc. are somewhere other than ~/anaconda/lib and ~/anaconda/plugins, respectively. In the case of qt, a hacked-looking solution appears to be used where /opt/anaconda1anaconda2anaconda3 is a fictitious location for the qt libs. Is there no better way to get around this problem for qt, and what would be a similar (or better) solution for ocaml

Look forward to uploading ocaml on binstar if someone can help me get this solved!

build.sh
meta.yaml

Carlos Córdoba

Mar 26, 2015, 11:43:27 AM3/26/15
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi,

To solve this problem for Qt we added a qt.conf file, to tell Qt where to look for plugins and qmake specs.

I don't know if Ocaml has something similar.

Cheers,
Carlos

El 26/03/15 a las 05:20, w.hu...@gmail.com escribió:
--
Anaconda Community Support Group Brought to you by Continuum Analytics
---

w.hunter

Mar 26, 2015, 12:17:19 PM3/26/15
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi Carlos,

thanks for the explanation regarding qt. When you say "we", do you mean qt in the anaconda distribution, conda-recipes on github, or your channel on binstar, or were thy all done this way?

Regarding ocaml, this link http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=5950 suggests it might be difficult, but this link https://github.com/OCamlPro/ocp-reloc looks promising. I don't actually use ocaml - I really just wanted to learn to make a conda recipe for unison file synchroniser.

Cheers,
William

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Anaconda - Public" group.