OpenCV with ffmpeg support

sebasti...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2013, 6:14:31 PM3/20/13
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi all,
I recently tried to use the OpenCV distributed with Anaconda to read a video file (H.264 in a mp4 container), but I found that libopencv_highgui.so is not linked to libavcodec.so and related shared libraries. I then tried to compile OpenCV (on a Ubuntu 10.10 machine) against the Anaconda numpy libraries. However, I did not manage to get a sample video decoded within Anaconda environment. What build environment was used to compile the distributed packages? Is there a way for you to prepare a OpenCV package with ffmpeg support enabled?

Thanks in advance for your support, I would really like to use Anaconda to simplify scientific package management.
Best,
Sebastian

Rein van den Boomgaard

Jul 15, 2014, 6:08:59 AM7/15/14
to anac...@continuum.io, sebasti...@gmail.com
Is there already some help/solutions offered for this problem? I still cannot use the videocapture from a mp4 file. No errors reported, just empty images when read...

I tried to compile opencv myself as an anaconda package and i can do that but then it can't find some libs it needs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rein

Ken

Jan 4, 2015, 3:12:31 AM1/4/15
to anac...@continuum.io, sebasti...@gmail.com
I haven't seen a response to this post and have been plagued with the same problem on OSX caused by missing OpenCV with ffmpeg. The only version of opencv that installs with conda is outdated and can't get ffmpeg installed and working correctly with it.

Is there a way to get it working with conda on OSX 64bit?

phil...@gmail.com

May 7, 2015, 6:36:13 PM5/7/15
to anac...@continuum.io, sebasti...@gmail.com
I just compiled OpenCV with ffmpeg and x264. See https://binstar.org/phhuang/opencv if u'r interested.

在 2013年3月21日星期四 UTC+8上午6:14:31,sebasti...@gmail.com写道:

David Parks

Jan 16, 2017, 10:25:56 PM1/16/17
to Anaconda - Public, sebasti...@gmail.com, phil...@gmail.com
I'm also having problems with this. I built opencv from source to get ffmpeg support (the installation says it's supported in that build now). But opencv installed to the system python, not anaconda. I don't know how to get anaconda to use the opencv installation now installed at `/usr/local`