How to run Miniconda quicker on Linux terminal

1 view

Maryam

Jan 17, 2021, 10:55:30 AM1/17/21
to Anaconda - Public
I've installed Miniconda but it only runs when I type:
source /opt/miniconda3/bin/activate

so I have to type that in every time before using it. Is there a way to make Miniconda run as soon as I open the terminal?

Brian Toby

Jan 17, 2021, 11:10:12 AM1/17/21
to Maryam, anac...@continuum.io
The answer is yes, but the exact way to do this depends on what shell you are using. For bash you can put that command in your ~/.profile file. Miniconda will do that for you if you answer the question when you ran it. It also provides instructions for different shells at the end as I recall.

Brian

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda

Maryam

Jan 17, 2021, 11:14:06 AM1/17/21
to Anaconda - Public, brian....@gmail.com, Maryam
Thank you for your reply! I'm a complete beginner at the Linux terminal and Miniconda. Do you know the steps on how I would do that? I believe I am using bash as I've used that when installing Miniconda.

Ray Donnelly

Jan 17, 2021, 11:19:40 AM1/17/21
to Anaconda - Public
From an activated terminal:

conda init
conda config --set auto_activate_base True

.. will achieve what you want.

Cheers!

Maryam

Jan 17, 2021, 11:38:18 AM1/17/21
to Anaconda - Public, rdon...@anaconda.com
Thank you so much everyone for your help! Miniconda is now running immediately when I open the terminal :D

Maryam

Jan 17, 2021, 1:38:31 PM1/17/21
to Anaconda - Public, Maryam, rdon...@anaconda.com
One more thing, if I ever were to remove this as the default when I open the terminal and go back to how the terminal was before, how would I do that?