Downgrade form Python 3.8 to Python 3.7

Gernot Nesler

Oct 10, 2020, 5:36:21 AM10/10/20
to Anaconda - Public
Hi,
I'm a new programmer.
Just installed Anaconda which comes with Python 3.8.
But for studying I need Python 3.7
How can I downgrade to Python 3.7?
Many thanks,
Gernot

Ray Donnelly

Oct 10, 2020, 6:14:22 AM10/10/20
to Anaconda - Public
You probably don't need 3.7

3.8 is backwards compatible with 3.7.

Still if you want to be extra cautious about using the version mentioned in your training it is very easy.

conda install python=3.7

But ideally you sound use conda environments instead. Please read condas documentation though. It will help a lot.

Best regards,

Ray.

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda

Gernot Nesler

Oct 10, 2020, 9:01:18 AM10/10/20
to Anaconda - Public, rdon...@anaconda.com
Hi Ray,
many thanks for your quick response.
I used Anaconda Navigator ... Terminal: anaconda-navigator
There it is easy to install a new environment with Python 3_7.
Great! :-)

Quan Cui

Jan 17, 2021, 2:36:15 AM1/17/21
to Anaconda - Public, rdon...@anaconda.com
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have a similar question. I am trying to install Pyhton2.7, and got such result after searching online (https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/user-guide/tasks/switch-environment/):
conda create --name py2 python=2.7

But where should I type this line? in Jupyter Notebook? cmd? Thank you