Numba 0.19 Beta - Request for Testing

Stanley Seibert

May 22, 2015, 10:52:03 AM5/22/15
to Numba Public Discussion - Public
Hi Numba Users!

The upcoming version 0.19 Numba release has some major internal changes to support dynamic memory allocation in nopython mode.  Our test suite (now up to 6600 unit tests) is passing on all platforms, but we know that many of you have some pretty interesting and complex code bases using Numba.  We would like to invite you to test out the current development release of Numba before we do our final release next week.

The easiest way to install the development release is to use conda with our binstar channel:

conda install -c numba numba

You will see a numba version with a very high build number like "0.18.2-np19py34_513", but rest assured this is the 0.19 beta.

When you want to revert back to the official 0.18.2 release, you can simply run:

conda install numba

Our first concern is whether there are any regressions with existing code.  Beyond that, you might also want to experiment with some new features, like:

If you run into any problems, please let us know in the issue tracker:

https://github.com/numba/numba/issues

Thanks!