'conda info' reports python version as 3.6.3 even thought environment was created with 3.6.5

irfan quazi

Jun 4, 2018, 7:37:10 PM6/4/18
to Anaconda - Public
I've created an environment with the following command, conda create -n python_jupyter python=3.6.5

After activating the python_jupyter environment, when I run conda info, I see the python version is listed as 3.6.3, but if I run python -V while python version is reported as 3.6.5

Why this discrepancy?

Note: I asked a more elaborated question here at StackOverflow. But I was able to narrow down the focus of the question.

Will Warner

Jun 5, 2018, 7:07:06 PM6/5/18
to Anaconda - Public
"conda info" reports the version of Python in the base environment, and "conda list" or "python -V" reports the version of Python in the currently active environment, in this case python_jupyter.

irfan quazi

Jun 5, 2018, 8:29:55 PM6/5/18
to Anaconda - Public
Thank you Will. I've added your response to my StackOverflow question.