WildCRU are looking for excellent candidates for our residential Postgraduate Diploma to begin in February 2021

Lara Semple

Apr 8, 2020, 1:33:49 PM4/8/20
to LACA Section List

Dear colleagues,

We are looking for excellent candidates for our residential Postgraduate Diploma to begin in February 2021 at Oxford.

Since 2009, the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit (WildCRU) at the University of Oxford has been teaching a Postgraduate Diploma in International Wildlife Conservation Practice. This course was established specifically to provide training in applied conservation skills to promising conservationists from less-developed parts of the world, where such training may be difficult to obtain. Importantly, we have been able to offer a Recanati-Kaplan Foundation sponsorship to most of our students each year.

Currently we have trained just under 100 people and helped them advance their careers; many have gone on to run conservation projects within non-governmental and governmental organisations or advanced their careers through MSc and PhD degrees.  Have a look at our Diploma Alumni group here: www.wildcru.org/members/

The deadline for the 2021 course is Friday, June 19th 2020 at 12 noon, London GMT time.

Please share this information within your network and with any potential candidates.

Eligibility:

·         The Diploma is aimed at early-career conservationists involved in terrestrial conservation, with a particular interest on threatened carnivores and key areas for their protection.

·         Candidates are required to have a minimum of a BSc-equivalent qualification in a biology/natural resources-related field, or in exceptional cases a demonstrated equivalent experience in the field of wildlife conservation practice. Those already enrolled for a doctorate would not be considered a priority candidate.

·         Additionally, considerable (at least 2-3 years) hands-on fieldwork experience in wildlife conservation issues in the developing world is required.

·         The course is taught in English, and an adequate level of spoken and written English is necessary (see score requirements here).

·         Strong references are essential.

You can access the curriculum and application process here: www.wildcru.org/courses/diploma/ and on the Oxford University website: here

We STRONGLY URGE all interested potential candidates to send us their CV to wildcru...@zoo.ox.ac.uk before submitting an application so we can discuss whether you have a good chance of being accepted.