Equitable Conservation: From Aspirations to Actions - Submit an Expression of Interest

Blake Simmons

Jun 10, 2024, 12:41:56 PMJun 10
to SSWG Working Group List

Hi all,

We will be running an interactive session, “Equitable Conservation: From Aspirations to Actions,” in two weeks at NACCB in Vancouver. The goal of this session is to bring together a diverse collection of researchers and practitioners to co-create knowledge of the different ways in which social (in)equity manifests in conservation contexts, how we can measure progress toward achieving equity goals, and the steps necessary to bread down the barriers to delivering equitable conservation outcomes across sectors and disciplines.

However, we know that conference attendance is an additional barrier to the inclusion of diverse and underrepresented voices in these important conversations. Therefore, we want to extend an invitation to the broader SCB community to participate in these discussions. The NACCB session will serve as the kick-off event for this project, which will continue on after the conference. If you are interested in contributing to this project but cannot attend the in-person session, we invite you to submit an Expression of Interest so that you can be included in future discussions about this topic and/or contribute to the creation of new resources that can help build the capacity of researchers, practitioners, and decision-makers to streamline social equity into environmental planning. If you are planning to attend NACCB and are interested in participating in this session, you are also welcome to submit an Expression of Interest and offer up any ideas you have before the session.

You can access the Expression of Interest form here: https://forms.gle/DedRsUScftV8Z6Rr7

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions about this project or the upcoming interactive session (bsim...@tbep.org).

Best,

Blake