Course: live online Introduction to Machine Learning, Sept 6-21, 2024

Soledad De Esteban Trivigno

Jun 4, 2024, 7:03:08 AMJun 4
to SSWG Working Group List

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce a new Transmitting Science course: Introduction to Machine Learning in R.

Dates & Schedule: Online live sessions on the 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, and 21st of September, from 9:30 to 13:00 (Madrid time zone).

Course Overview

Machine Learning is a trendy topic within the field of Artificial Intelligence. We encounter the results of machine learning algorithms daily, for example, when we shop online, play mobile games, apply for insurance, or even “driving” a driverless car.

The course aims to introduce participants to the main components for implementing Machine Learning in R using the {tidymodels} and {tidyverse} framework packages. By the end of the course, students will be able to perform the necessary tasks for machine learning such as defining the problem, prepare and pre-process data, and applying different machine learning algorithms such as Extreme Gradient Boosting, Random Forests, etc. In addition, we explore how to fit a model and evaluate its performance as well as measuring the accuracy of model predictions.

This course includes a range of activities such as model-building demos, live-coding sessions, interactive quizzes, and practical exercises to work individually or in a group. Active participation and contribution are highly recommended and encouraged.

More information on the course page: https://www.transmittingscience.com/courses/statistics-and-bioinformatics/introduction-to-machine-learning-in-r/ or writing to cou...@transmittingscience.com

With best regards

Sole

--